2016 NIAAA Scholarship-
1. Applicant must be a Senior
2. Applicant must have achieved at least two (2) of the following:
(A) minimum of B+ average;
(B) Ranked in the top 25% of class;
(C) ACT score of 24 or an SAT score of 1500 (Math, Reading and Writing)
3. Applicant must have participated in two sports for at least two years in each sport
4. Applicant must have earned at least one varsity letter in each of two sports
5. Applicant must complete attached scholar/essay application
6. Applicant must have a letter of recommendation from the high school athletic administrator/director
7. School athletic director must be an NIAAA member and a member of their respective state athletic administrators association
8. The principal or athletic director must sign the application to insure that the academic information submitted is accurate
9. All hard copy materials must be postmarked or electronic materials sent to the NIAAA State Liaison in your respective state by your states deadline. Select your state at the bottom of the website Scholarship Page to view your states deadline and liaison information.
Applications are due by February 16th, 2016 and can be found at :
Scholarship opportunity :
Build Dakota is a full-ride scholarship program for skilled scholars entering high-need workforce programs at South Dakota technical institutes. Approximately 300 students received this full-ride scholarship for the 2015/2016 school year and we hope to award even more than that for the 2016/2017 school year! In exchange, they have agreed to live in South Dakota and work in the same high-need field for 36 months following graduation. This full ride includes tuition, fees, books, and other required program expenses. Our early application cycle opened on October 1, 2015, and will close on December 31, 2015. If additional funds are still available, a second cycle will open from January 1 through March 31, 2016. Early applications are important and we highly encourage ALL students interested in the following high-need programs to apply.
* Agriculture- Large Animal
* Building Trades/Construction
* Energy Technicians
* Engineering Technicians
* IT/Computer Information Systems
* Medical Laboratory Technicians
* Practical Nursing
* Precision Manufacturing
* Surgical Technicians
Deni Amundson, Program Manager
Build Dakota Scholarship
"Full education scholarships are available at the Barrett Care Center"
- Students who are employed with the Barrett Care Center for at least 3 months, and work 10-20 hours per week
- Scholarships also include approved child care and transportation costs.
-Education must lead to advamncement in the long-term care field (social work, TMA, LPN, RN, medical related fields)
**Visit www.barrettcarecenter.com to apply online for employment or call 320.528.2527 and ask for Jeanine
Model College of Hair Design:
Amount: 2, $2000 tuition grants
Cosmetology advance scholarships/grants. To validate the award, the person issued this award must visit the Model College of Hair Design in St. Cloud, MN with an award letter available in the College and Career Center and a college representative will validate. The person issued this tuition grant is required to visit the campus to validate and will receive full grant details.
Abbott & Fenner Scholarship Program
Deadline: June 10th, 2016
How to Apply:
Students will submit an essay on the topic that appears on the scholarship page of our web site: http://www.abbottandfenner.com/scholarships.htm
Full details are available on our site.
B. Davis Scholarship:
Deadline: May 23rd, 2016
- This scholarship is available for all juniors and seniors as well as students enrolled in PSEO.
How to Apply:
- Write an essay with 1000 words or less.
- Describe the three characteristics of leadership you value most. Discuss why you believe that these traits are important and how you feel that they are developed in an...
Jimmie Crutchfield Memorial Scholarship:
Deadline: March 28th, 2016
- High school senior
- Anticipating completion of high school diploma
- Planning to pursue a degree in an accredited U.S. postsecondary institution
- Carrying a minimum 2.5 GPA at the end up their junior year
How to Apply:
- Application must be completed
- Essay of 1200 words must be done on the history of...
Deadline: March 1st, 2016
Eligibility: Applicants must be from an actively farming or ranching family OR must be planning to pursue a career in farming or some other aspect of agriculture such as agricultural extension, agricultural education, soil conservation, farm and ranch management, agricultural finance, veterinary medicine or agribusiness. Selection is...
2016-2017 MSCA High School Scholarship Program
Deadline: Postmarked no later than March 1st, 2016
Amount: 10 $1000 scholarships awarded
Eligibility: \Applicants must be a Minnesota public or private high school senior
- Applicants must be able to articulate how a Licensed School Counselor impacted their life
- The Licensed School Counselor written about must be a member of MSCA
- Applications must...
Alexendaria Technical & Community College Presidents’ Shining Star Scholarship:
Deadline: February 15th
Amount: 10 Presidents’ Shining Star Scholarships of $1500 will be awarded
- Must be enrolled in an ATCC program for 2016-2017
- Must have a GPA of 3.25 or ACT Composite Score of 25 or higher
- Must be planning to enroll full-time (minimum of 12 credits)
- Must be a high school graduate (or planning to graduate from high school spring/summer 2016)
- Students must be accepted into a program at ATCC by March 15th
How to apply:
See the link listed for Application and Letter of Recommendation information
Two letters of recommendation are required (one must be academic)
Notification letters will be mailed out by April 1, 2016.
The MENSA Foundation Scholarship:
Deadline: January 15th
- Must be enrolled in a degree program in an accredited U.S. institution of higher learning during the academic year following the application date.
- The applicant must submit an application and essay explaining his or her career, academic and/or vocational goals.
How to Apply:
Write a 550 or less essay on your career, vocational, and academic goals. Keep in mind that this essay will be judged. You must also fill out the application and enroll into their program.
CHS Senior Scholarship:
Deadline: January 1st @ 5:00
- Be a resident of the CHS Prairie Lake area
- Have a 3.0 GPA or higher
- Be a senior
- Must have a designated major
How to Apply:
Fill out the Application and mail it in to: CHS Prairie Lakes, Attn: Community Fund Administrator, PO BOX 580, Starbuck, MN 56381. They are looking for someone with high academic achievements, leadership characteristics, community involvement, and their version of the future of agriculture.
Gate City Bank Scholarship 2015-2016
Deadline: April 1st, 2016
Amount: 49 $1200.00 scholarships will be awarded
- High School Senior
-Planning to attend a 2yr or 4yr accreddited institution or program (in MN, ND, SD, or MT) next year
- Gate City Bank employees or decendents of employees are not eligible for this scholarship
Selection Criteria includes: Scholastic Excellence, Extra-curricular Activites, Community Involvment, and financial need
How to Apply:
- Application can be found at:
- Mail completed applications to:
Gate City Bank
PO Box 2847
Fargo, ND 58108